Bird Control: Trapping & Removal
Our Bird Control, Removal, and Guard Services
The most common birds we see invading the vents of homes are the Starling and the House Sparrow. Both birds can legally be remove (unharmed) from the vent. Upon removal the duct is cleaned with an electric rotary brush and then disinfected with a commercial grade Microbial and Deodorizer. After it has been cleaned we install a vent cover (whats commonly called a Bird Guard). These covers have a life expectancy of 5-15 years.
We’ve come across many folks who feel it isn’t important to remove the birds and nesting material. However, contrary to belief, while they may look “cute” their feces can cause serious harm to humans, and even death. Bird feces when dried can become airborne and infect a human rapids (especially if nesting in the clean air intakes of the home).
Listed below are some common diseases associated with birds nesting in the home.
Examples of transmissible bird diseases associated with pigeons, geese, starling and house sparrows:
- Histoplasmosis is a respiratory disease that may be fatal. It results from a fungus growing in dried bird droppings. It is a dimorphic fungus that can be either in yeast form or in filamentous form.
- Candidiasis is a yeast or fungus infection spread by pigeons. The disease affects the skin, the mouth, the respiratory system, the intestines and the urogenital tract, especially the vagina. It is a growing problem for women, causing itching, pain and discharge.
- Cryptococcosis is caused by yeast found in the intestinal tract of pigeons and starlings. The illness often begins as a pulmonary disease and may later affect the central nervous system. Since attics, cupolas, ledges, schools, offices, warehouses, mills, barns, park buildings, signs, etc. are typical roosting and nesting sites, the fungus is apt to found in these areas.
- St. Louis Encephalitis, an inflammation of the nervous system, usually causes drowsiness, headaches and fever. It may even result in paralysis, coma or death. St. Louis encephalitis occurs in all age groups, but is especially fatal to persons over age 60. The disease is spread by mosquitoes which have fed on infected house sparrow, pigeons and house finches carrying the Group B virus responsible for St. Louis encephalitis.
- Salmonellosis often occurs as “food poisoning” and can be traced to pigeons, starlings, sparrows and other rodents. The disease bacteria are found in bird droppings; dust from droppings can be sucked through ventilators and air conditioners, contaminating food and cooking surfaces in restaurants, homes and food processing plants.
- E.coli infection: It is one of the common infection caused by an enteric bacteria. This bacteria often traced in the fecal matters. When some bird or rodent visit such sites they carry these and spread to humans. Such as when birds peck on cow manure, the E. coli (O157:H7) go right through the birds and the bird droppings can land on or in a food or water supply.
In addition, bird fecal matter and feathers can have devastating effects on the heating and cooling components and indoor air quality of a commercial facility. Pigeon problems can affect employees, maintenance personnel and potentially customers. They can rip through flexible duct work and enter into the home. The torn duct work now releases all of the bathroom humidity into the attic. That’s not good.
Call us to remove the birds, clean and disinfect, and then install a protective guard before the expenses become worse. We are your first line of defense against invaders!
Why Choose Ataraxia Pest Solutions
Frequently Asked Questions
The most common birds we see invading the vents of homes are the Starling and the House Sparrow.
We can send someone your way within 24 hours, in some cases we can schedule it today. Give us a call at 833-933-7378 to get someone to your home!
Absolutely! Bird guards and repairs/exclusions are given a 1-year company warranty!
★★★★★“Super friendly. Super helpful. Adam came the same day. He provided excellent customer service. He was on time, knowledgeable and professional. He checked in on us later to make sure our Ant problem was gone. We would highly recommend Ataraxia Trapping and Pest Solutions to anyone else and will definitely be repeat customers in the future.”
★★★★★“Couldn't have asked for better or more professional service. Steve was very friendly, knowledgeable and responsive. Always received an email reminder of an upcoming appointment, an after-appointment summary of service. On-time or a call if going to be a couple of minutes behind schedule. Great customer service."
★★★★★“If we could give this company 10 stars we would. They responded in seconds to our request and had a team at our home within 15 minutes. The snake removal was quick, efficient, and most importantly to us very humane. A terrific team to work with and very knowledgeable. You will not be disappointed.”